Are temperatures starting to drop? The day is unusually warm for this time of year, while nights are a crisp chill. Global warming causes autumn — as well as the other seasons — to act funny. And, our new government is slowly dismantling the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). C’est la vie… but, it’s not normal. Fall for SmoothieNumbers 31: Spiced Pumpkin Coffee. It’s an energizing drink for staying ‘woke’ in a super-charged, political climate, while keeping the spice ‘real’ with pumpkin puree.
#SmoothieNumbers are quick postings, without a lengthy story, listing the ingredients for making refreshing, healthy drinks in a blender.
- 1/4 cup winter squash or sweet potato purée
- 2 tbsp. vanilla flavored nut or dairy milk
- 1 cup strong, black coffee; preferably cold-brewed
- (Optional) 1 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon*
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger* or 1/2-inch pieces of fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg*
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves*
- 2 tbsp. honey, maple, molasses or coconut sugar; more or less to taste
- 3-One inch square size ice cubes
- Blitz all ingredients in a blender.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
*Or use 1 tbsp. of pumpkin pie or garam masala spice blend to replace the combination of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves.
2 thoughts on “#SmoothieNumbers 31: Spiced Pumpkin Coffee”
I wouldn’t have thought of using garam masala in a drink but it makes so much sense! Thanks for that eye opener, very creative idea, would work for a spiced cake too!
Now this looks good! I love coffee drinks! I will be making this soon!
Comments are closed.