- 1/4 c. rice-vinegar
- 3 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 3 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Sea salt & fresh ground black pepper
- (Optional) A pinch of crushed red pepper
- 2 tbsp. sunflower or safflower oil
- 5 Japanese eggplants; chopped into about 1-in. pieces
- Garnish: Thinly sliced scallions
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with foil for easier clean up.
- Whisk vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, ginger, garlic, salt, both peppers and oil to make the sauce.
- Toss the sauce with the chopped eggplant.
- Place eggplants in the oven and roast for 35 to 45 min or until they’re just starting to brown.
- Garnish with sliced scallions and serve.