If this recipe is made, would I receive the same sweet neurological reaction as the Fried Green Tea Ice Cream? Two cups a day of Japanese Green tea helps keep the complexion clear. Green tea is a great detox drink after enjoying a fried and greasy meal. I can’t wait to try this recipe in the future… when I commit to five days of exercising and eating no sweets.Continue reading Matcha Lemon Cake
News of Gourmet magazine’s future demise is disheartening. I’ve been trying to find the time to make this recipe since it appeared in the March 2009 issue. Between work, aspirations and promising myself, “If I do five days of exercise, I give myself permission to bake a cake,” I still haven’t found time to test this recipe. I thought I’ll salvage this recipe before Gourmet magazine’s website goes under. If you’ve made this recipe before me, let know how it comes out. Especially, if your version is different than Gourmet magazine’s version.Continue reading Cardamon Vanilla Pound Cake
- 1/4 c. rice-vinegar
- 3 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 3 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Sea salt & fresh ground black pepper
- (Optional) A pinch of crushed red pepper
- 2 tbsp. sunflower or safflower oil
- 5 Japanese eggplants; chopped into about 1-in. pieces
- Garnish: Thinly sliced scallions
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with foil for easier clean up.
- Whisk vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, ginger, garlic, salt, both peppers and oil to make the sauce.
- Toss the sauce with the chopped eggplant.
- Place eggplants in the oven and roast for 35 to 45 min or until they’re just starting to brown.
- Garnish with sliced scallions and serve.
Please Note: This post was updated on Wed., Aug. 11, 2010.
During the weekend, a visit was scheduled to help a girlfriend who recently moved into an apartment. I can sympathize with anyone’s move. I once moved three times in one year. The experience of packing and unpacking is exhaustive. Being upended from familiar friends, a neighborhood and an apartment are unsettling. Moving has never been a good transition. I have the personal horror stories to validate horrid feelings.Continue reading Lavender Pound Cake